In a dream world, we’d all be able to apply for a car loan online, get approved, get money immediately, seamlessly upload all of our paperwork to “the cloud” and be on and off the car lot in minutes, not hours (or days). But while technology and innovation has gotten us far, it’s not quite that far along. So, “fast” car loans can be a bit of a marketing tease if you’re not fully prepared to sign and drive all on one day.
That said, if you’re looking to make your next buy here pay here experience a fast one, here are some tips to ensure that you’re ready to
- Make sure you have all of your paperwork in order. This is a big one! People who come prepared with pay stubs, utility bills, and the title work for a car they’re trading in (if applicable) are much more likely to be driving off the lot on the same day they apply.
- Keep your references and their contact information handy. We’ll need to check in on your references during the loan process, so having incomplete contact information will really slow things down.
- Test drive vehicles that you can afford—not ones that are out of your budget. Make sure that you’re spending time looking at vehicles within your financial boundaries, to ensure that you’ll benefit from our finance program. Test driving the wrong cars also takes time—time that would be better spent driving cars that are right for you.
- Trading in a vehicle? Make sure you bring it with you on the day you’re signing for your car.
- Cash for your down payment. Being ready to pay upfront (and not needing to go to the bank, or take out cash) cuts out valuable time. Not entirely sure what your down payment is going to be? Having a second person (like a spouse, or relative) be able to run to the bank is also a great assist when it comes to cash on hand.
Fast Car Credit Application
We’re committed to making the loan process as painless as possible for you. If you’re ready to put that commitment to the test, fill out our 2-step, 2-minute loan application above, or visit our credit application online.