Affordable Last Minute Gifts for Car Lovers
We’re staring down the last few days before Christmas, and if you’re anything like us, you might be secretly scrambling to get the last few goodies under the tree before friends and family gather for the big day. While we might not be able to help you find that rare bottle of wine for your pinot grigio-loving sister-in-law, or that bodacious surround sound system for your techie nephew, we do happen to have a small list of affordable must-haves for the car lovers in your family. And, let’s face it: with the amount of time we all spend in our cars, a few nice nick-knacks go a long way to turning a dreaded road trip through stormy winter weather into an enjoyable get-away with our nearest and dearest.
So, without further ado, here are our top last minute gifts for the car lover in your life (or just for yourself—because who doesn’t need a little self-care this time of year?):
- Bluetooth Cassette Adapter: For the friend or family member who loves great podcasts but can’t listen to them with their 1990 Jeep Cherokee’s AM/FM radio, there’s the Bluetooth Cassette Adapter. For $40, you’re sittin’ pretty and rockin’ out to all your favorite tunes, podcasts and audio books. Music streams wirelessly through the cassette and any paired device. Looks like that Jeep’s gonna make it another year after all!
- Cordless Tire Inflator: Flat tires blow—literally. This handy device will keep your tires from getting sluggish in the below freezing Wisconsin winters. At $90, it’s a little pricey, but all those $1 quickie-mart trips add up after a while.
- Speedometer cufflinks: For the sartorial car lover in your family. This handsome set, reasonably priced at $23, will have all the guys (and gals) talking at the next Daddy-Daughter dance, wedding, job interview, or any place it pays to look great.
- Dual USB phone charger: What’s better than one car charger? Two car chargers. Spare the family drama as Grandma and your first born child passively aggressively fight for control of your minivan’s lone USB port. Prices vary, but this option from Amazon is a top pick. Get two—the whole family will thank you as life returns to their tablets and smartphones.
- Kick Mats: This set of two kick mats for $15 is the stuff dreams are made of when you’re a parent of young kids. Say goodbye to sharp punches to your back in the Wendy’s drive-thru, and hello to shrinking chiropractor bills.
So that’s our list for affordable last minute gifts for car lovers. What’s the best car-related gift you’ve ever received? Let us know!